Where does the warm air in your house go?
Like I mentioned in the previous posting, some air exchange is needed in your home. However, it might be wise to consider the following tips:
1. Check your ceiling insulation. When hot air rises much of it is lost through the ceiling and roof. Lack of insulation in walls and floors will cause heat loss as well.
2. Caulk around windows, doors, pipes, and other opening in your house.
3. Weather-strip all window and door openings.
4. Close the damper tightly on your wood burning appliance when not in use.
5. Close off unused rooms if you don't use a central heating system. Don't waste the heat!